Here is some important information about MAT177-81
- We meet in Lowell Pollard building room 403 at 9:00 AM – 11:45 AM
- You can park in the Leo A Roy Garage on Market Street and have your ticket validated downstairs
- We will be using a free web/PDF book (INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS by Illowsky & Dean)
- You MUST create a WebAssign account to turn in homework
- The institution code is middlesex.mass
- The class key is – middlesex.mass 3690 5874
- There are 20 laptops available for 28 students, if you have a laptop or tablet, I suggest you bring it
- You will be doing lots of group work
- How well you work as a group member is worth 5% of your final grade
- You will be writing your own Unit Exams
- This is the Rubric I use to grade the group exams you create.
- This is a Flipped Class
- You will be submitting your lecture notes weekly using VideoNot.es or some other tool (ie Word, Google Docs, EverNote etc.)
- Video tutorial
- Your notes for Chapter 1 are due before the first class.
- Video tutorial
- The weighting system for your final grades has been determined by polling classes since 2013 and here are the results
Weekly Classwork & Attendance 15% Lecture Notes 15% Homework 20% 5 Unit Tests 30% Final Project 15% Group Evaluation 5%
- You have a MCC email account, after this all correspondence from me will go there.
- Make sure you check it!
- The syllabus and schedule
- Notice that the notes for Chapter 1 are due BEFORE the first class!
- You will need a Statistics Calculator (TI-83/84)
- You can also use any of the free sites listed in the calculator section
- WabbitEMU has a TI84 plus emulator for Android
- There is also a version for PC/MAC
- There are many apps available for iOS like